The last week and a half we've been visiting family and getting ready for my little sister's wedding, the last of 8 kids to get married. While there we took a drive to see all the baby animals in the area, lambs, calves, alpacas, deer, colts, etc.

We attended baseball games and then had one of our own on my parents new front lawn.

The beautiful newlyweds. The bouquet froze in the fridge the night before, when we pulled it out at the temple it was dead, brown, and slimy. My sister-in-laws rushed to the local florist shop and had this one made up in 5 minutes, just in time for the bride to come out of the temple.


The cake. I actually had a lot of fun making it when no one was watching me. It looks a lot like the one I did for my cake class, okay it is basically the same one, with just a few additions. We went through 7 cake mixes, 12 lbs of fondant, 7 lbs of powdered sugar, and a lot of time and help from the whole family. My dad make the cake pillar's for my older sister's wedding- only she had 5 cakes. I think I'll have to work up to that challenge.
This is the bottom layer, almost every flower disappeared when we started cutting it, the grand kids couldn't wait to finally see what they tasted like.
The middle layer- Chocolate with raspberry filling- my favorite
Me and my sister (obviously)

The funniest part of the the whole week was this conversation with David when I noticed that he had Oreo cookies smeared around his mouth:
Me: David, who gave you that cookie?
David: I don't know, I found it by Grandpa's bed, then Heavenly Father said, "Eat that cookie, eat it!"
How do you argue with that one???
4 comments:
LOVE IT!! The cakes...the little bouquet...which is rather beautiful...and the David comment!! What a treat to have kids with great imaginations!
Sue Ann, your cakes are beautiful. You truly are so talented. Frozen bouquet - wow. Sisters to the rescue. Such a beautiful day and your parents must be so happy. Lovely pictures.
(Aunt Diane on Alison's computer)
Congrats to Betty- that is really exciting, she looks beautiful. And so do you! But wow- that cake, you are really talented, I'm also super impressed with every cake I see on your blog! Love ya, lets get togther soon!
Hooray for Betty! She looks beautiful! You two look so much alike! Hooray for beautiful sisters! Impressive cake! You have some serious skills Sue Ann! I am glad you were able to be there!
Post a Comment