Tonight I'm having one of those days where I will do anything to avoid doing the dishes. For some reason it makes me feel like I never accomplish anything because the dishes are never "done". While trying to get up the motivation to clean the kitchen I remembered this poem my Grandma Betty had above her sink. Someday I'll put it in a nice frame or something crafty but right now just having it printed out and taped to my kitchen cupboard did the trick. I thought that some of you might like this if you have ongoing battles with the dishes also.
Thank God for dirty dishes;
They have a tale to tell.
While others may go hungry,
We're eating very well
With home, health, and happiness,
I shouldn't want to fuss;
By the stack of evidence,
God's been very good to us.
Thank you Grandma for teaching me to appreciate work, especially housework that seems so unimportant sometimes.
No comments:
Post a Comment