Just after I had Nathan my sister told me that she was going to run in the Bolder Boulder 10K race on Memorial Day. I wanted to race with her so I started training as soon as my six week waiting period was up after my c-section . We weren't able to go to Colorado to race with my sister so I signed up for a race in Chicago for Memorial Day, 3 1/2 months after Nathan was born. The week before the race my friend Lindsy said she'd run with me. She obviously could have finished way before I did but she ran with me/waited for me, the whole way. (For all you Cougar fans, she played volleyball for BYU for 5 years and her brother-in-law Noah Hartsock plays basketball for the Y also).
My personal cheering section
At the finish line
I saw this video after I finished, it made it all worth it!
Thanks Jeanne for getting me motivated to start. Thanks Scott for helping me train and kicking me out of bed in the morning, and watching the kids for me, and for encouraging me, I couldn't have done it without you!
6 comments:
Sue Ann you are so awesome. I love your fan David.
Way to go Sue Ann we are so happy for you to do this and for David being such great fan of you. I am glad Lindsay could be there too. Great to see you both finish Love ya
Nice Job! I love that video-it's so cute.
You are a machine! My goal is to run a mile 3 years after I have all my kids :).
Love it!! And congrats for accomplishing that goal...you're my IDOL...can I borrow David when I decide to get into 5Ks again?
Sue Ann! You look great! That's awesome you ran that! Very impressive! You have such a cute little family! And by the way, I LOVE that pic of you and your friend! You look so small! :)
Post a Comment