Friday, April 29, 2011
Royal Party Poopers
Earlier this week I had a great idea for our playgroup this Friday to celebrate the Royal Wedding. I thought it would be fun to have some of my friends and their little kids over for a princess/prince party. I invited them to dress up their kids and we'd make some crowns (courtesy of Burger King), have a picnic lunch/tea party, etc. Usually we only have 5 or 6 of our friends and their kids that get together but I had about 35 people RSVP who wanted to come (that number includes adults and children). Then the fun began. David got sick on Monday and didn't really improve for a couple of days. So yesterday I emailed everyone saying that the party was moved to the park near our house (due to numbers, I didn't mention that David was sick). Hoping that he would be better today I made all the preparations yesterday. Unfortunately he proved to us this morning that he was still sick. At the last minute Scott kindly agreed to work from home today so I could take Lydia. Then, Lydia started chilling and got a fever out of nowhere. So, we are having our own little party at home, complete with Burger King crowns, plastic rings, cardboard swords, and some Tylenol. Congratulations to the happy couple, it is definitely a memorable day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Awesome--not that you got sick for your own Royal Party--but that you had the idea! Anya and Austria actually watched some of it this morning, they were excited to see a real Queen, Princess and Prince.
What a great idea! I love the cake. We had a similar experience with our kids too. Motherhood is such a sacrifice! I'm grateful to stay home with my kids and love them to pieces but I had no idea how much work it would be to be a mom!
This is such a fun idea. I love the cake you made.
Post a Comment