Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Nauvoo Temple Trip
The Chicago temple is currently closed and our bishop recommended going to the Nauvoo temple, so, we took his advice and went on a quick road trip to Nauvoo. It's probably the most sporadic thing we've done, ever. It turned out to be a great trip and we even had some angels babysit for us while Scott and I attended a session together.
While in Nauvoo we went to the bank of the Mississippi where the pioneers crossed during the exodus. Although when we were there it was around 40 F, it didn't look like a place I'd want to leave in a wagon with my family in the middle of the winter. I felt very humbled and also grateful for the early Saints, what great faith!


We returned from Nauvoo just in time for a snow storm and more cold weather. We decided to try to enjoy it a little and brave the cold.
Lydia didn't have much to say about the experience but seemed content peeking out from my coat.
Scott and David shoveled our sidewalks, we've had two more major storms since this.
I was surprised David lasted as long as he did, we even got him to fall backward into the snow. It looked more like a snow mummy than a snow angel since he couldn't move his arms or legs.
Most of the time we stay inside and try to keep warm. Tomorrow the high is suppose to be -1F! Here is Lydia ready for church
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Love your pictures! And isn't the Nauvoo temple so beautiful! And Nauvoo....even in the winter. Thanks for sharing the pictures, and the stories of the kids. Even though you guys are so far away, I feel like I'm living down the street (except in really bad snow storms and COLD weather!).
That ice is crazy!! You guys look like you have the same amount of snow as us...LOTS.
I love the toilet paper pic. Fond memories. Be glad he didn't put it in the toilet!!
Looks like you had a great trip. I love Nauvoo. I was never able to go to the temple the two times that I visted there but the feeling just around the temple and in the city is amazing.
That's so cool that you got to go to the Nauvoo temple. And your kids are so cute! I watched the video of Lydia laughing at David...so dang funny!
Post a Comment