Saturday, May 31, 2008

The Land of Anne

During the beginning of our trip we went to Prince Edward Island. It was a three hour drive there including crossing the 8 mile (13 km) Confederation Bridge to get to the Island. (I guess it should now be called Prince Edward on a stick).

While a lot of the foliage hadn't come in yet the entire island is very picturesque as the red dirt was checkered with green fields.
The real reason we went to PEI was to visit Cavendish, the area where Lucy Maud Montgomery was raised by her grandmother and the location for the inspiration for her books the first of which was published in 1908: Anne of Green Gables. We actually went to see the house at Green Gables. Here is the front.

And here is the back. And here is the inside, apparently this is Anne's room. (Love the wallpaper)
We also went on a short walk down "lover's lane" in the nearby woods.
It was a beautiful day and a lot of fun.

3 comments:

Diane said...

Love the pictures! It brought back many memories. I think PEI is so very beautiful. Glad you could go on the trip.

Joanne Salmon said...

Great pictures guys!! I'm jealous, all these years of being an Anne Fan and I still haven't made it out there. Hopefully soon. I hope you're doing well. Love ya!

Jeff, Megan, Benjamin, JR and Spencer said...

I noticed that you cut David's hair like Scott's. Only a few years ago Scott sported the same do. I am glad to see that you are staying true to the Ringo Star Chile Bowl look.