Our friends hosted a "Super Hero" themed Halloween party for adults Nathan is testing out part of Scott's costume.
I made a cake and cupcakes to go with the theme.
After some gold, silver, and red duct tape, cardboard, gold spray paint and a few clothing items from the thrift store we came up with She-Ra and He-man costumes. I try to spend as little as possible on our costumes so it was a splurge to buy the $4.99 boots from GoodWill. It turned out to be a great investment because when Lydia tried on my boots for fun, she found a $50 bill in the toe!! It was getting in her way so she took it out and threw it on the kitchen floor. I found it awhile later luckily before a little toddler got a hold of it. As an added bonus, we won the costume contest at the party!
Lydia wanted to be Rapunzel again which made it easy for me. David, 'loves Ben 10 more than anyone in the whole world' so his was easy too.
Our little knight found a sword more of his size.
Enjoying the loot from Halloween
2 comments:
Those costumes are AWESOME! SueAnn you did a great job, and any time you find money laying around is bonus!
I don't know how I missed this post! I love Halloween and I love Super-heros. YOu guys look AWESOME! Bri and I vote you definitely win on costume goodness. Also I can't believe that about teh $50 dollar bill. Crazy. I'm glad you found it.
Post a Comment