Monday, July 16, 2012

a quick summary

 We just got back from our trip to visit the family up north.  Joanne looked extremely beautiful and the wedding was great.  
 We had fun with all these cute girls and boys.




 Four generations of Salmon boys.
 Joanne's cake
 I made the blue and pink hydrangeas and the orchids out of gum paste.  Linda made the chocolate cakes and the pound cake inside.  Megan helped me cover the cakes with fondant.  Robby found a spot on the border that wasn't right so he wiped it away and I had to try again:)
My dad said that now I can call myself and international cake decorator:)
 (there are more pictures on my cake blog)
Megan especially and the rest of the family worked hard on the decorations and they turned out wonderful.  
 After the wedding we played and played.  We visited the mountains,
 and the Stampede,
 and a lake,
 and Grandma and Grandpa. 
We had such a great time and miss everyone already.

2 comments:

byufish said...

G&G loved your visit!! Thank you for taking the time to go and visit with them. I'm soooo sad I wasn't up there to see all your fine work....dresses, cakes, beautiful children, happy husband....you're amazing SueAnn!!

Lindsy Hartsock said...

Holy smokes, I just realized those flowers on the cake are not real! AMAZING. You are such a talented woman!!