Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Rest of the Story

To finish up how our trip went I will summarize. We followed my sister to Denver where we stayed the first night. Along the way we stopped for gas in the middle of no where and I lost my wedding ring! After I had an embarrassing breakdown my wonderful sister found it. The second day we drove all day to get to Independence, MO. Day 3 we went to the LDS visitor's center and we also saw some of the Community of Christ sites (previously the Reorganized LDS church) including their temple. Half of that day and the morning on day 4 were spent trying to get our car fixed. While we waited we felt like pioneers, walking about 6 miles since we didn't have a car but wanted to see the sites. The afternoon of day 4 was great, we drove to Liberty Jail, then to Far West, Adam-ondi-Ahman, and arrived in Omaha, NE (previously known as Winter Quarters) late that night. Day 5 we visited the Winter Quarter's temple and visitor's center, the Kanesville tabernacle in Council Bluffs, IA and finally drove back to Chicago that night.
Winter Quarter's Cemetery
Scott and Lydia at Far West
Lydia and I at Adam-Ondi-Ahman
The kids were overall very good during our trip. We had some sleepless nights but it was fun to go adventuring as a family. David and Lydia were both excited to be home and say hi to all their old toys.
David especially missed all his hats and couldn't let any feel left out so he wore them all.

When we arrived home we had a few days left to play before Scott started work. We visited a park that we've never been to before and found some great entertainment.

1 comment:

elisha said...

Sounds like so much fun! I am glad that you got to go home for a while. I miss it there. I wish we could have been up there at the same time, though. And I am glad that you got to hang out with your husband for a little while before going back to school. That is always a good time! Love and miss you lots...lisha