We have now gotten much of our apartment arranged along with the furniture including this beautiful new chair which Sue Ann did a superb job in making a cover for it.
David seems to like the place and is as cute here as he was in Utah.
As for our first impressions of Chicago have gone it seems to be a fun and exciting place. We went for a walk around town a bit and saw among other things this giant face of a woman that spits water out at you (it is actually neater in real life as her face moves around).
The cloud gate sculpture (if you look very closely you can barely see our reflection in the sculpture hiding under an umbrella to escape the rain).
And Buckingham Fountain.
And since the only real reason for this blog is to show pictures of David here is a short video of him playing catch with Sue Ann. (No one ever really gets to see what David is like as he always stops what he is doing when the camera is out and mostly justs stares, as in the following. We wish we could catch him doing his funny antics but usually it is to no avail. So to meet the real David you may just have to come and visit and as you can see there are lots of other attractions as well. Hope to see you soon)
Monday, August 27, 2007
We Made It!
After a long 1524 mile drive John and I arrived in Chicago and were able to check out our new place. We will detail our new apartment in a future blog but all in all I think we did well considering we never saw it before we arrived. The only concern we have is in the kitchen; while the cupboards are quite tall, they start at the ceiling and since we have 9 ½ foot ceilings throughout the apartment it is a little difficult to reach those top shelves (actually the kitchen’s ceiling has been lowered to 8 ½ feet but it doesn’t help too much). At least Sue Ann won’t have to worry about banging her head on an open cupboard door!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yea! A post from Chicago. I would die in that kitchen. That is hilarious. Looks like a great place for Jay and KJ :) When we come to visit, my first stop will be the lady with the spewing spit.
Hey,
So glad you arrived and are getting acquainted in the neighborhood. We miss you already. David is already changing! Keep us posted. Love the tall ceilings.
I wish I had a dishwasher!! Poor Sue Ann, at least with those cupboards you will have awesome leg muscles!
I missed you in Chicago, I was there the week before you arrived. It seemed like a very nice city that I might like to visit again...and now I know someone who lives there ;) Maybe people in Illinois are really tall or something, but the apartment looks great!
Post a Comment